Comerica has announced it will introduce the Comerica Convenience Card later this summer. The Comerica Convenience Card is a reloadable debit card that provides easy access to funds when purchases are made at Visa merchants worldwide and withdrawals at Comerica ATMs. A pilot of the card has been underway at select Comerica banking centers in Michigan since April.
“The Convenience Card is a safe, affordable solution for those who want to avoid the worry of carrying cash or want to simplify their budgeting,” explained Frank Natoli, senior vice president and director of product management for Comerica Bank. “It’s a simple, flexible alternative for those who don’t write checks or who want a second account to manage their spending.” Convenience Card customers also have the added security of knowing they’re protected through FDIC insurance and Comerica’s Zero Liability program.
Results from the pilot reveal that the card is being used by individuals and small businesses as a “second account” to:
- budget or save for specific items by adding deposits to the card every paycheck,
- manage the cash flow of a start-up business,
- protect their primary account from risk when traveling or shopping,
- make purchases on-line for their business or personal use, or
- have funds directly deposited while not giving out their primary account number.
The Comerica Convenience Card provides a number of other ways for customers to access their funds, or information about their funds, at no charge, including:
- loading the card at a Comerica banking center; online via transfers from a Comerica deposit account; or through direct deposit of their pay, Social Security or other government check,
- making withdrawals or inquiries at Comerica ATMs,
- making inquiries through Comerica’s automated voice response system,
- receiving e-mail and text alerts, and
- paying bills on-line.
The Convenience Card will be available in all of Comerica’s 492 banking centers in Texas, California, Arizona, Florida and Michigan and will be competitively priced. A Comerica checking or savings account is not required to obtain the card.